Thursday, February 19, 2004

Technology makes life simpler

The first example of this came to light today when I wanted to open my ICICI bank account in Pune. A representative came in and wanted me to fill in the account opening / relationship form. Just the thought of filling this form gave me all the nightmares of putting down all your details from your childhood to employment in detail and in 10 places but my thought soon vanished when I just had to put in bare minimum details like my name, mother's maiden name and nominee details.

The convenience didn't stop here when I was finished filling the form and gave a photo to the person, the person handed over a welcome kit, I now thought what a wastage of money from the bank, there is no need for this but the welcome kit had 1) Cheque book 2) ATM / Debit card 3) Debit card instructions 4) Telebanking number and password 5) ATM / Debit card pin number 6) Internet banking username and password 7) Internet banking instructions..ufffff

I got everything in 5 minutes flat and everything was working also. I think this is what we would want technology to do to us, I could remember in Indore I had filed an application for enabling internet banking in my account and I am still waiting for the instructions from the bank. A great beginning by the bank and for me too!

Reach me at hifromsriram at HOTMAIL.com

No comments: