Wednesday, March 31, 2004

MS Outlook - Ctrl+F means something else

To a common wired man, Ctrl+F means finding help in applications, thanks to MS Word and other applications from Microsoft who taught this lesson to us.

Now comes the most inersting part. Today I write a long mail in MS Outlook and I wasn't sure whether I have included a piece in it or not.I started to search for the text by pressing Ctrl+F and instead of getting the usual dialog box of find, find next and replace, I was surprised to see a new window opening with the same message. That is Ctrl+F replaced Ctrl+N's functionality. I even tried to search for a menu option to help me search but I think the software giant decided not to provide search option to newly composed mails. Beats me!

Reach me at hifromsriram at HOTMAIL.com

No comments: